POLISH HANDBALL FEDERATION INVITES SUITABLE CANDIDATES TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS FOR THE POST OF A LEAD COACH OF THE NATIONAL WOMEN’S TEAM
1. Main duties and responsibilities:
1) to prepare the Polish women’s national team for the participation in the 2011 World Championship qualification rounds and lead the team to the finals (Brazil, 03-18 December 2011);
2) to prepare the Polish women’s national team for the Olympic Games qualification rounds and lead the team to the London 2012 Olympic Games;
3) to adopt a leading, proactive approach in implementation of the unified concept of central-level training for all women’s junior teams.
2. Qualifications required:
1) handball coach license;
2) minimum 5-year experience as a coach;
3. Qualifications desirable:
1) knowledge of English or German;
2) distinguished records of working with high-class teams and players;
4. Required documents, written works, certificates and declarations:
1) copies of documents confirming education and coach qualifications;
2) description of professional career and achievements in his/her work as a coach;
3) the training team concept (co-operating coaches, doctors and other persons indispensable to perform the tasks);
4) annual and long-term training plan proposal;
5) commitment to continuous learning and qualification upgrading.
5.Deadline and place to submit applications and documents:
1) applications with required documents shall be delivered or sent in a sealed envelope with the note “Competition for the women’s national team coach in the Polish Handball Federation” to the address: Polish Handball Federation, ul. Tamka 3 00-349 Warszawa. Applications shall reach the Federation office by 16.00 hours on 12 May 2010;
2) we only accept direct applications from coaches interested in the above mentioned position. Any offers presented through the representatives won’t be taken into consideration.
6. Application and selection procedure:
1) The Selection Committee appointed by the Management Board of the Polish Handball Federation will consider the applications received, select two candidates for the post of the national team coach, and present them for consideration to the Management Board of the Federation with reasons for the decision;
2) in case of lack of suitable candidates the Selection Committee may request the Management Board to cancel the competition;
3) before announcing the results of the competition, the Selection Committee and the Management Board of the Polish Handball Federation may invite selected candidates for individual interviews;
4) the final winner of the competition will be announced by the Management Board of the Polish Handball Federation.
7. Other information:
1) applications and enclosed documents may be submitted in the following languages: Polish or English;
2) The Polish Handball Federation shall reserve the right to cancel the competition without giving any reason thereof.